Sale Terms & Conditions
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us for online purchases are as follows:
- You place the order for your products on our Website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website.
- We will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from firstname.lastname@example.org
- As your product is shipped from our warehouse we will send you a dispatch confirmation email.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered.
- You will be separately notified in the event that we do not accept your order, or where you have otherwise cancelled your order.
- A contract is formed between us when (and not before) we dispatch your order.
- In the case of goods purchased through our Click & Collect service, a contract is formed between us when (and not before) you collect your items. Your order will not be progressed until we verify payment.
By placing an order with us you agree that:
- Any information provided by you will be true, accurate, current and complete
- You are the authorised holder of any credit or debit card you may use on the website
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to any information you have submitted to the website
- You will only use the material on the website for your personal use only, and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever
- By clicking Confirm Order you are confirming your acceptance of these terms and conditions and that you are giving us permission to pre authorise your account upon order and debit your account upon dispatch / collection.
- E-mails sent will be deemed as read, it is your responsibility to ensure that the email address supplied is accurate and capable of receiving our e-mails
- You have read and accept all terms and conditions including in particular the terms in relation to Price and Promotions, Shipping and Delivery, Contract Cancellation, Returns and Refunds and Data Protection.
- Products are for family domestic use only
Purchasing of age restricted products
Chris’ Toy Box operates a Think 21 policy – Please be prepared to show proof of age when buying age restricted products.
Any product with a BBFC (British Board of film Classification) or PEGI (Pan-European Games Information) rating will be clearly described as such on the product page for that item. For further information on age ratings, see the PEGI website.
Warning: It is an offence to attempt to buy a certificated title if you are under the required age or to attempt to purchase any such title on behalf of an underage third party. Customers will be asked to enter their date of birth when proceeding to the checkout when purchasing an item rated 16+ or 18+.
Persons placing orders for the purchase of products on the Site, confirm that they are of the appropriate age to receive and view the specified certification of the title(s) so ordered.
Any person ordering a product for a third party hereby certifies the intended recipient of the order is of the appropriate age to receive and view the specified certification of the title(s) so ordered. We reserve the right not to supply any age-restricted product where We reasonably believe that a customer is below the relevant minimum age.
Gift cards can no longer be used to purchased 16+ or 18+ products online.
Resale of our Products
Products are provided for personal, domestic and private use only.
If we reasonably believe that you are buying products from us with the intention of reselling them or in circumstances where it appears that bulk buying, reselling, drop-shipping or repeated orders for the same item/s are occurring, we may:
- refuse to accept your order; or
- cancel your order; or
- accept your order subject to agreeing additional or alternative terms with you (see below); and
- treat your order as though you are buying products in the course of your business.
In such circumstances, any rights that are granted only to a ‘consumer’ under consumer protection legislation shall not apply to you.
Additional and alternative terms which shall apply to such orders shall include:
- Consumer rights to cancel the contract within 14 days shall not apply;
- Our 28 days goodwill returns policy shall not apply;
- If the products are faulty or misdescribed, you may return them to us within 7 days. Where you use our returns service, you shall be charged the postage or other cost of returning any products to us (even where those products are faulty or misdescribed). We shall also charge you a reasonable handling fee for processing your return. Returns received after 7 days will not be processed.
- You will not be permitted to order products which are subject to promotions or special offers.
We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time but, in respect of any ordered goods, the terms and conditions which apply shall be those which the customer has accepted when an order has been placed. Once an order is placed customers are deemed to have read and agreed to the terms and conditions. Any errors regarding website based information, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other documentation or information issued by us may be subject to correction without any liability on our part.
Price and Promotions
Free gift promotions advertised online are available online while stocks last. Where stock is not available at the time of placing your order we are unable to offer this item at any later stage under the promotional arrangement advertised.
The price displayed at time of purchase is the price you will pay and will in general not be affected by price increases or decreases. We are unable to offer a discounted price should the price of an item decrease after you make your purchase.
Price savings are evaluated on prices in 2018 and 2019 manufacturer’s recommended retail price. Discounts deducted from lowest priced item. Buy 1 Get 1 Free refers to least expensive item free. Buy 2 Get 1 Free refers to buy 3 items and get the least expensive free. Buy 1 Get 2nd Half Price refers to least expensive half price.
All voucher and discount codes must be entered on the ‘Shopping Basket’ page before proceeding to the checkout and cannot be applied if not entered at time of placing the order. If a code does not apply a discount please check the valid dates. For more information on what to do if a code does not apply expected discount, please see our FAQs here. Please ensure you read the terms and conditions of each voucher and discount code as they may vary.
Due to the quick turnaround of orders we are unable to amend an order once it has been placed. Customers must ensure they check their order carefully before submitting it.
Please note that you are entitled to cancel this contract if you so wish provided that you exercise your right and notify us no longer than 14 working days after the day on which you receive the Products.
If you wish to exercise your right to cancel this contract we will refund the original purchase price and delivery charge, provided that you have notified us in writing no longer than 14 working days after the day on which you receive the Products, that you have taken reasonable care of the Products and they remain unused and unopened. Please see our Returns policy here for further details.
Description of Products
We take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the website are correct.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Chris’ Toy Box Gift Card
- Visa Debit
- Chris’ Toy Box Gift Card
- Visa Debit
We do not accept the following payment methods either Online or Instore:
- Cheques or postal orders
- International debit cards
- Purchase orders
- One for All Vouchers
- Love to Shop Vouchers
- American Express
Gift Cards can be used to buy in store and/or online.
Please note: Unfortunately, gift cards cannot be used as a payment method for items on pre-order.
Most items are covered for up to one year against manufacturing faults, unless otherwise specified. Your receipt is your proof of warranty.
We do not give any warranty, condition, guarantee or representation, express or implied, relating to the information contained on this website or on any website to which it is linked.
We make no representations or warranties concerning the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics contained on this website, or on any website to which it is linked.
We are delighted to offer a number of different shipping and delivery options to cater to our customers’ requirements. We try to offer the best and most competitive shipping rates and any charges are only covering the cost of shipping as incurred by us from our third party delivery service providers. Where possible, we subsidise the shipping charge and do not pass this on to our customers.
We offer the following services:
- Standard postage (3-5 working days), up to 3.5kg: £4.00
- DPD Express (2 working days), up to 8kg: £8.50
- Local Delivery (1 working day) postcodes SS0-SS9: £2.00
- Local Pickup (1 working day): Free
Usually everything displayed on our site as In Stock is present in our business and available for immediate sale.
In the unlikely event that any ordered goods are not readily available to us, we reserve the right to cancel your order. You will receive an email notification of any order cancellation as a result of stock out confirming that any pre-authorisation has been released and/or payment refunded for the goods in question, in line with our Payment Terms. To the extent that the out of stock item forms part of a larger order, all other goods ordered by the customer will be dispatched in the normal way.
Safety & Regulations
Safety is our first priority at Chris’ Toy Box and all our products are tested to the relevant safety standards. Please ensure that you check the labelling on the packaging, which indicates the age group for which the product is suitable. Please take note of any other warnings or recommendations and keep toys intended for older children well away from younger children. Toys make an essential contribution to child development. To ensure the best experience for our children, keep in mind the following Toy Safety
Before purchasing your toy:
- Read all warnings and instructions
- Look for the CE mark, confirmation that the toy complies with all EU safety rules, which are amongst the strictest in the world
- Choose toys suitable for the child’s age, abilities and skill level
- Follow the age recommendation
- Do not buy toys with small detachable parts for children under 3 years of age
After purchasing your toy:
- Follow carefully the instructions for proper toy assembly and use
- Keep an eye on children as they play
- Check toys from time to time for breakage or wear and remove broken toys immediately
- Remove all packaging